Join our team
Bump and Beyond is a privately run mothers group program based in Adelaide. Each of our mothers groups include ten new mums who are wanting to be connected to other local mums. Each week we invite a local expert to our session to educate our new mums on a topic that they will find useful in their babies first year. We cover things like sleep, nutrition, postnatal exercise, mental health etc. our local experts talk for 30-45 minutes on their area of expertise before offering information about their service. The aim is to connect mums with a variety of services that they can call upon if they need help in the future. We pride ourselves on being a safe, secure and connective service to support new mums. While we want to support new mums, our group facilitator will not be required to council or provide any psychological advice to our new mums. We are there to listen, facilitate education talks and if further advice is needed then we refer our mummas to specialised services to support them. We are looking for a bright, energetic and passionate person to join our team. We love the idea of building a little work family who share the same values and ideals as we hold.
About the Role: Due to COVID19 we are taking our mothers groups online. This is a new position and a new venture so we need someone who is positive, organised, open to continuous learning, flexible and is passionate about supporting new mums who are feeling very scared and isolated during this pandemic. As our online group manager/facilitator you will be required to help organise, and conduct two online mothers groups per week. Normally sessions are run between 10am-12pm and 1pm-3pm to work in with our new mummas baby sleep cycles however the session days and times are flexible and for the right person we would work around what best suits their weekly schedule. This is a contract position and we will be wanting to hire a sole trader to complete the contract with hope of them taking on another contract as our online groups become more popular. This contract will be 5- 8 hours per week.
Work can be done at home as our groups are being conducted online due to COVID19. T
We are looking for a positive, enthusiastic, approachable, extremely organised, confident and reliable person to join our team. Working closely with the program Coordinator, you will be responsible for organising and facilitating two online mothers groups per week over the course of 10 weeks.
* Make contact with mothers on our waiting list to formally book in to your session.
* Manage a spreadsheet to track group participants.
* Contact our guest speakers to organise dates and times you want them to speak.
* Effective programming and timetabling to ensure each week is planned ahead of time and focus discussion points are sent to coordinator.
* Facilitate two weekly mothers groups. Follow program to facilitate groups by introducing educational speakers and then facilitating discussion with our mums to talk about their experiences and help them connect with each other.
* Chase up any mums who miss a session with a key information sheet explaining things they missed.
* Send thank you email to our guest speakers each week.
* Helping to manage social media accounts with updates.
* Managing emails and following up inquiries.
* Cleared National Criminal History Check
* Current ABN or willingness to organise one as soon as possible if you win the position.
* Current and valid first aid certificate or be willing to get one in your own time if/when necessary.
* Have access to fast and secure internet, a phone and a computer to conduct online sessions effectively from home.
* Qualifications in a relevant discipline, e.g. early years education, midwifery, psychology, social work
* Experience using online conferencing platforms
* Previous experience in a similar role or experience speaking to groups.
* Excellent organisational, written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to take responsibility for tasks and follow through on commitments
* Have initiative to independently coordinate your program.
How to apply…
Email your resume with a separate cover letter responding to the selection criteria (no more than two pages), as listed above under Please address your covering letter to Coordinator of Parenting Services